“Bump it at the Metro” Submission Regulations
Metro Cinema wants you to Bump it at the Metro and help us build a library of great bumpers to show before screenings throughout the year. It is our hope that bumpers created by our friends and fans will add to the unique experience in Edmonton’s movie landscape that Metro Cinema provides.
Film makers & film lovers are encouraged to submit original bumpers of any length up to 1 minute long, in a wide variety of styles, including but not limited to:
- Let’s All Go to the Lobby
- Feature Presentation
- Turn off your cell phones
- Coming Attractions
- March of Time / News of the World
- Fan love / I heart Metro
- Factoids, Short documentary – local history, Edmonton stories
- Sesame Street-esque clips (eg – lower case n, 12345, etc)
- Identity (eg - Much Music, 20th Century Fox, etc)
All bumpers submitted will be screened at Metro Cinema’s one-year-at-the-Garneau party on September 14, 2012! A selection of bumpers will be selected to move into regular rotation at Metro Cinema from September 2012 – September 2013.
- June 15, 2012: Bump it at the Metro begins accepting bumpers
- August 15, 2012, 5pm: Deadline to submit bumpers
- September 14, 2012: Launch party, screening of all submissions and announcement of bumpers moving into rotation at Metro Cinema
- Bumpers may be any length up to 1 minute (5 seconds is fine!)
- Bumpers must use all original content and music
- Multiple submissions are welcome
- Please do not add title cards and credits (Metro will add a credit card to each bumper)
- Submission form is here: http://www.metrocinema.org/media/files/bumpitSubmissionForm.pdf
- Please direct questions and online entries to: email@example.com
Technical Specs & Submissions
- Required Specifications
o Quicktime (.mov) files only
o File name: BumperTitle.CreatorName.mov
o Codec: ProRes or H264
o Resolution: 1080P preferred
o Frame Rate: 23.98 or 29.97 fps
o Sound: stereo or mono
- Online submissions are welcome through various file-sharing websites (Yousendit.com, Vimeo.com, etc)
o Please send download links to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hard copy submissions of Data DVDs may be dropped off at Metro Cinema
o In person or by mail to:
§ Metro Cinema
Attn: “Bump it at the Metro”
Edmonton, AB T6G 1E9
The Nitty Gritty (Regulations & FAQ)
1. The “Bump it at the Metro” Submission Program (hereinafter the “Submission Program”) is being sponsored by Metro Cinema (hereinafter the “Sponsor”). It will run in Canada from 10:00 AM (MST) on June 15, 2012, until 5:00 p.m. (MST) on August 15, 2012, (hereinafter the “Submission Period”).
2. All submissions will be screened at Metro Cinema on September 14, 2012. A Metro Board Committee will pre-screen all submissions; it is at the Committee’s discretion to not screen a submission for obscene content.
3. Select submissions will be chosen to screen at Metro Cinema from September 15, 2012 – September 14, 2013 by a Metro Board Committee. Additional prizes and recognition for select submissions may be announced at a later date.
4. NO PURCHASE OR ENTRY FEE NECESSARY. Submissions are open to all Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province (or territory) of residence at the time of entering the Submission Program, or who have consent from a parent or legal guardian. Employees, agents and representatives of Metro Cinema are able to enter submissions but must excuse themselves from the jury pre-screening process when their submission is shown.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
5. All entrants that make a submission(s), on-line or in hard copy, do so under the expectation that the bumper will be screened for the public without financial compensation.
6. Entrants accept responsibility for clearing all music used in their submission. The Sponsor may request proof of written consent prior to screening the bumper publicly.
7. Entrants accept responsibility for gaining parental/custodial consent for any minors that appear in their submission. The Sponsor may request proof of written consent prior to screening the bumper publicly.
8. Entrants will not include credits as part of the bumper; entrants will include a Title and Creator Name in the file name of the submission. Metro Cinema will create branded dead-cards for all bumpers selected for rotation that make note of the creators.
9. Once a submission is made, Metro Cinema owns the rights to use it in two main ways: onscreen, in perpetuity, and in our promotional material, in perpetuity. Entrants will be credited for their work in all cases.
10. Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these regulations will cause the selected entrant to be disqualified.
11. By entering this Submission Program, entrants authorize the Sponsor and their representatives to use, if required, their name, and/or statement about the Submission Program for advertising purposes, in any media, without compensation whatsoever.
12. For the purpose of these regulations, the entrant is the person whose name appears in the file name of the submission
13. The Submission Program address for further enquiries is: 8712-109 Street, Edmonton, AB, T6G 1E9