The Found Footage Festival is a one-of-a-kind event showcasing videos found at garage sales and thrift stores and in warehouses and dumpsters throughout the country. Curators Pickett and Prueher host each screening in-person and provide their unique observations and commentary on these found video obscurities. From the curiously-produced industrial training video to the forsaken home movie donated to Goodwill, the Found Footage Festival resurrects these forgotten treasures and serves them up in a lively celebration of all things found.
Among the videos to be featured in the 2010 program:
- A collection of the worst Saturday morning cartoons ever to surface on VHS
- Highlights from a 1987 video dating reel found by David Cross
- A compilation of VHS tapes found by Denver artist Andrew Novick
- A brand-new compilation of exercise videos featuring Dolph Lundgren, Milton Berle, and WWF's The Bushwhackers
Tickets for this special event are $14 each. Sorry, no Metro passes accepted.FoundFootageFest.com
- Friday May 14, 2010 at 8:00PM