The title says it all. Corinna Belz’s documentary is an unprecedented and oddly dangerous journey into the studios of Gerhard Richter, widely considered among the world’s most important living painters. Famously cranky and iconoclastic, Richter is an ideal subject to illuminate the deep fissures in the contemporary art world. His career has been a high-wire balancing act between eye-popping, colourful abstractions -- seen in start-to-finish construction throughout much of the film -- and enormously famous photorealist portraiture. He has also been an influential essayist on the subject of art-making and its place in the world.
In partnership with the Art Gallery of Alberta, $2 off for AGA members.
- Friday August 24, 2012 at 7:00PM
- Saturday August 25, 2012 at 9:15PM
- Sunday August 26, 2012 at 7:00PM
- Monday August 27, 2012 at 9:15PM
- Tuesday August 28, 2012 at 7:00PM
- Thursday August 30, 2012 at 9:15PM