- Friday June 14, 2013 at 7:00PM
- Saturday June 15, 2013 at 4:45PM
- Saturday June 15, 2013 at 9:30PM
- Sunday June 16, 2013 at 2:00PM
- Tuesday June 18, 2013 at 9:30PM
- Wednesday June 19, 2013 at 9:00PM
- Thursday June 20, 2013 at 7:00PM
Winner of the 2012 Cannes Film Festival Jury Prize.
Opting for community service over jail time after he is charged for an assault, the rough-hewn Robbie (Paul Brannigan) befriends three fellow layabouts and petty crooks. After meeting an expert in Scotch whisky, Robbie recruits his chums for a wild scheme to plunder a few bottles of extremely rare Malt Mill whisky and thereby make his fortune - after all, as two percent of every barrel of whisky evaporates over the course of a year (the so-called “angels’ share”), Robbie and his mates reason that it could be put to better use down on earth. Working wonders with a cast of non-professionals and making picturesque use of the lush, rolling Scottish Highlands, Ken Loach and screenwriter Paul Laverty brilliantly transform grubby realism into sprightly fable. (TIFF)
Scotch pairings available to enjoy during the run of the film!
- Coarse Language