- Wednesday February 15, 2017 at 9:15PM
- Thursday February 16, 2017 at 9:30PM
- Monday February 20, 2017 at 9:30PM
- Sunday February 26, 2017 at 2:45PM
- Tuesday February 28, 2017 at 9:30PM
- Saturday March 4, 2017 at 12:00PM
A timeless story of human connection and self-discovery, Moonlight chronicles three defining time periods in the life of Chiron, a young black man. The film moves from childhood to adulthood, capturing his struggles with his sexuality and trying to find his place in the world, while growing up in a rough neighborhood of Miami.
Winner of the Best Motion Picture – Drama at the 2017 Golden Globe Awards. Nominated for 8 Academy Awards.
FILM ARTICLE: “How a $1.5 Million Indie Landed Eight Oscar Nominations” – Indiewire
FILM ARTICLE: “Meet Joi McMillon, the first black female Oscar nominee for film editing” – Huffington Post
This screening is part of the larger thematic series: