Metro Cinema offers Edmonton unique cinematic experiences that engage, entertain, and educate. We invite artists working in any aspect of visual arts—two dimensional, three dimensional, or video—to submit their work to our gallery for consideration. The Metro Gallery is located in the lobby of the historic Garneau Theatre and has multiple areas for displaying art: 2 wall spaces, an enclosed display case, a projector and lobby screen, and a vintage television fitted for up to thirty minutes of video on a loop. Submissions may include the use of any or all of these areas.
In addition to a $200.00 honorarium, Metro Cinema offers the opportunity for artists to sell work during their exhibition. Work accepted will generally be programmed for a one-month period and scheduled to mutual satisfaction with selected artists.
- Artist CV with current contact information
- Artist statement, and bio (each max 150 words)
- Image list (title, medium, date made, dimensions)
- 3-10 images of work proposed
All requirements must be submitted digitally (i.e. Images sent in JPEG format, word documents sent in PDF format, etc.) and should be labeled accordingly.
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic line Gallery Submission.
- Name your JPEG files as follows: 1yourname_titleofwork, 2yourname_titleofwork, etc.
- Submissions must be appropriate for all ages.
- Pieces must be ready to be installed upon arrival.
- Wall spaces are approx. 6′ high by 10.5′ wide.
- Glass fronted display area is approx. 4′ high by 4′ wide by 2′ deep. There is power and illumination in the display area.
- For digital display: 32″ color television, circa 1975. Can screen video up to 30 minutes, on a loop. Sound is optional.
- A projector and smaller theatre screen in the lobby is also available for use.
- Your artwork will be displayed for the duration of the month chosen.
Submissions accepted year round. For more information and to submit your work, e-mail email@example.com.