UPDATE September 15, 2021
Following recent government announcements, Metro Cinema’s safety measures will continue as outlined below.
As of September 20, 2021, we are including the standards outlined in the Restriction Exemption Program in our safety plan.
UPDATE September 8, 2021:
As of September 20, 2021, attendance of all events at Metro Cinema will require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (within 72 hours) upon entry.
Please arrive at the cinema with your proof of COVID-19 vaccination and government issued photo ID ready. Note: no information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
Q. What type of proof of vaccination will be required?
We will accept ‘hard copy’ vaccination papers/certificates/cards, as long as your full name is clear and visible, and matches your government issued photo identification.
Photographs of your ‘hard copy’ vaccination papers/certificate/card as long as your full name is clear and visible, and matches your government issued photo identification.
Immunization records on apps such as: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/myhealthrecords or any other Provincial, Territorial or Federal application. Please note: these applications may take several weeks to upload your immunization records.
Q. Where can I get tested for COVID?
Contact your local pharmacy for rapid testing information.
Q. What about my children under 12?
As children under 12 are not yet eligible for vaccination, they are exempt from this requirement.
Q. Who should I contact with further questions or concerns?
UPDATE June 29, 2021:
With the removal of Alberta restrictions on July 1, Metro remains cautious and optimistic for the future. At this time, we plan to maintain our limited capacity below 30%, our seating plan layout with social distancing in place, and we continue to require face coverings for staff and customers, except while seated in the auditorium enjoying concession snacks.
Our staff are important to us, and their comfort and safety while dealing directly with the public is our first priority. We want to be sure that each of them (and each of you) has the opportunity to get the protection of two vaccine doses before we remove or reduce safety measures. These extended efforts are temporary, and we hope they make our reopening permanent. If we continue to work together for a little longer, we will get through the last leg of this journey safely.
Thank you all for joining us in this abundance of caution, and we can’t wait to see you back at the Garneau.
Our auditorium is now arranged to accommodate crowds just below 30% capacity, with seats clearly marked for use and no-use. The modified seating plan includes individual, couples, and family seating areas for households that are spaced at a minimum 2m social distance. All the seats are cleaned after every use. It is a safe and spacious way to enjoy a film or live show with your household or designated close contact. If you wish to attend a screening with those outside of your household, you may seat yourselves in separate seating areas.
In order to protect both staff and patrons, we have adopted the following health and safety measures:
- Increased disinfecting of touch points at concession, box office, and lobby
- Increased disinfecting of seats/cupholders in the auditorium between screenings
- Increased disinfecting of washrooms
- All Metro staff will wear non-medical masks while on duty
- Plexiglass barriers at customer service counters
- Cashless and tap payment options
- No self-serve items at concession (ie: straws)
- Social-distancing of two metres is required for concession and box office line ups
- We encourage patrons to not gather in the lobby, but to continue straight through to the auditorium before the screening and to leave quickly following the presentation.
- We have a modified seating plan that ensures safe social distancing. Every second row has been closed and the remaining seats have been divided into socially distanced “seating groups.” Please sit at a location of your choosing with members of your household or cohort and be sure to select a location separate from other groups.
- Please do not sit in the taped off seats.
- Green marked seats are available for seating.
- Metro staff are required to wear a non-medial mask while on duty.
- For the safety and comfort of our staff and guests, we ask that all guests please wear a mask while at our concession, box office, washrooms, and while passing through our lobby. While seated in the auditorium, we encourage you to continue wearing your mask, except while enjoying your concession snacks.
- If you arrive without a mask, our staff will provide you with one. Please consider bringing your own to help us keep expenses down.