As you may know, cinemas around the province have recently been given the guidance to light up their screens and start welcoming back moviegoers as our province launches into Phase 2. We here at Metro Cinema couldn’t be more excited to open our doors and start showing films again. It is important that when we open, we provide a safe, sanitary, comfortable, and enjoyable environment for all our patrons and staff, so we are now working to implement all of the guidance from Alberta Health Services. Community safety will be a top priority as we move towards our re-launch. For now, our screen will remain dim as we work towards an opening date that works for all involved.
Our new operations and procedures will include:
- At least 2m of distance between seats, with accommodation for family units and cohorts
- Cashless and no contact payment options
- Staff PPE and enhanced sanitation procedures including regular disinfecting of auditorium seating
- Reduced capacity to allow for ease of social distancing
- New packaging for Edmonton’s best theatre popcorn
- So much hand sanitizer!
The support from our community through this time period has been amazing. Edmontonians have shown a level of generosity and care for one another that we can all be proud of and we are glad that we can once again open our doors as a community hub and celebrate film with everyone. We will be announcing our official re-launch date and upcoming programming very shortly and we look forward to seeing you all out at the movies. Until then our top priority is making sure that our venue is safe for everyone.